About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, November 17, 2023

Tree Struggles

 Happy Friday!  

Even though we didn't do anything out of the norm, this week has felt wonky and off. Thanksgiving vacation is definitely at the forefront of all of our minds and the excitement is building with each passing day. Timmy is ecstatic to go to his Nana's and to hang out with his cousins next week and Robby is looking forward to several late-night rousing rounds of Cards Against Humanity. I'm counting down the days until our Thanksgiving "Fun"cation begins!

Unlike other years, I'm not taking the Cousins overnight this year. Instead I have several day adventures partially planned and I will be able to tailor our itinerary when I know their work schedules. No matter what we do, I know that we will have fun.

Unfortunately, our funcation is still a few days away. I need to get through work today and Monday before the fun really begins. This weekend I am going to prep for Christmas because our tree is begin delivered the following Monday. This is the first year that we are not picking out our own tree in a field, but sometimes traditions need to change or end. Last year the boys (Scott included) all complained relentlessly throughout the tree farm experience and I swore I would never do it again.

Cutting down a Christmas tree has been my childhood tradition that I brought to my own little family. When they were really little both boys loved going to chop down the tree. As they have grown the dirt, sap, needle stabs and muscle exertion have outweighed the joys. Last year their bickering reached fevered pitch when they were struggling to bring the ginormous tree up the hill to the processing barn. By the time the tree reached the barn, I was nearly in tears and everybody was miserable. 

Getting into the car I declared that we would never do it again. That doesn't mean that I don't want a beautiful freshly cut Christmas tree. I discovered the best of both worlds. A Christmas tree farm in Massachusetts that delivers throughout the country. Straight from the farm to my door- I think this is going to be the perfect compromise!

No comments:

Post a Comment