About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, November 06, 2023

Healed

I spent this weekend on the couch with my leg off, watching Christmas movies and working on my computer. To Friend's dismay, I kept my walking to a minimum. We did not enjoy meandering strolls through our neighborhood despite his happy wagging tail. The weather was gorgeous and it would have been wonderful to spend more time outside playing, but I needed my leg to heal more than I wanted to enjoy the weather. 

I did put my leg on to take Robby to his Homecoming dance on Saturday night. This year the students opted for an informal event, so he was able to attend in jeans and a nice shirt. (He was delighted with the relaxed dress code!) He had a fabulous time and was all smiles when he came home.

Time has worked its magic and my leg sore is healed over. I'm keeping a blister band-aid applied to provide some extra protection and comfort, but my skin is healing nicely. Even though I'm not feeling any pain I'm going to lean towards caution today and keep my walking and leg wearing to a minimum. Tomorrow we have a big family adventure planned and I will need all of my ambulatory abilities.

Tomorrow is election day and Scott has off work. We decided that it was the perfect day to take the boys to the zoo. The pandas are leaving for China next week and aren't expected to return -possibly within my lifetime. (Before you hit compose to send me an email about the kids missing school, know that Timmy's teachers were ecstatic about our zoo trip.  He is going to prepare a presentation to share with his class.)

We are going to have fun tomorrow but we have to get through today first. Happy Monday!




 


No comments:

Post a Comment