About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, November 03, 2023

This Sucks

 Just when I thought I had developed a system to remain mobile a skin sore has developed which has rendered me unable to wear my leg. I'm so frustrated I could scream, but that would only result in upsetting the dog and hurting my throat. Instead, I'm going to keep my leg off, keep busy and watch Christmas movies whenever I become sad. (I have a feeling the movies will be streaming nonstop this weekend.)

I developed a penny sized blister on the back of my calf. The position of the sore creates a significant amount of pain whenever I don my socket. By mid afternoon I was using a crutch to keep the pressure to a minimum. By the time the sun set I had completely abandoned my leg and resigned myself to crutches for the night. 

As much as I despise doing it, I am going to forgo wearing my leg for the entire weekend. My leg really needs to heal and it won't if I continue to aggravate the sore with my prosthesis. Sometimes being an amputee really sucks and today is one of those days!

No comments:

Post a Comment