About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, March 04, 2024

MerMagic Con Wrap-Up

 We had an amazing- I mean 'mer-mazing' weekend! Although we were busy and we aren't starting the week feeling refreshed or ready, the past few days have been fantastic. Robby's FlexyFriends were very well received at both the craft fair and the MerMagic Con. We thoroughly enjoyed meeting so many people and making new connections. It is fun to watch FlexyFriends grow and expand into new areas.

On Saturday Robby and Scott were in Leesburg at the Spring Bling Craft Fair while my sister and I were in Silver Spring at MerMagic Con. This was my first con event and it was spectacular. I've never before been around so many accepting, loving and completely body inclusive individuals. I wish I had the confidence to strut in shells and a tail!

Saturday evening the boys packed up in Leesburg and drove to the event hotel. Excited to embrace new experiences, we went out for Korean BBQ for dinner. Unfortunately it wasn't our favorite but we were thrilled to walk by a Burger Fi on the way back to the hotel so that dinner #2 could be secured. (Although we didn't enjoy the food, the experience was fun. Watching Scott try kimchi was worth the price of the meal!)

Sunday morning we headed back to MerMagic Con for day #2. Robby and Scott were able to experience Mer culture and met so many wonderful people. They were even able to pose with some mermaids! 

*A hint in case you ever meet a mermaid. Never ask a mermaid how much the silicone tail weighs. Apparently it was offensive. Every time I walked past that pod of mermaids they screeched at me because that is what angry Mers do. It was so funny and done in great fun, but it was certainly enough to embarrass my teen.








 


No comments:

Post a Comment