About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, April 18, 2024

Beginning of the End

 Yesterday Timmy returned to school for the first time since Spring Break. He was delighted to see his friends again which I take as a good sign that I have made the correct school decisions for him. With him occupied in class I feel like I can tiptoe back into my life. The past few weeks have been difficult and chaotic. Returning to 'normal' feels like a vacation.

Of course, there is nothing normal about the weeks to come. Birthdays, a trip to New Orleans, a graduation and a retirement are all on the horizon in the next six weeks. What an exciting time in our family! I suspect that I'm going to need to double down on my coffee intake in order to keep up with the excitement in our house.

Robby's graduation announcements arrived yesterday, heralding the beginning of the end of his high school career. Time has moved so quickly that the memories are making my heart hurt. I also realize that I am not in an emotional place where reflecting is beneficial. Right now, it is best to shove every memory and reflection into the corner until I can process them properly. 

Again, avoidance is my go-to coping mechanism.

No comments:

Post a Comment