About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Bored

 Yesterday was another scorcher so I tried to avoid going out into the heat as much as possible. When I did venture outside, my leg would begin to piston within my liner within minutes of being hit by the heat. Despite all of my best efforts I continued to sweat out of my liner each time I walked Friend. Thankfully those walks were short because my little buddy is not a fan of the heat either. 

Because it was simply too hot to do anything outside, we stayed in for much of the day. I know that the kids (especially Timmy) are becoming bored but our options are rather limited. I'd love to take him out to expel some energy but I am still worried about him falling and injuring his arm. The doctor released him with the caveat that he not run or fall until the Fourth of July. With rollerskating, tumbling, running, and park fun off his activity list it is hard to come up with fun and engaging options-especially in this heat. 

Trying to keep Timmy tamed has turned into a Herculean task this summer. He's bored and lets us all know. I've been trying to find a creative avenue to absorb some interest and energy as he continues to heal, and yesterday I think I may have found a solution. (Or at least a stay from being bored.) 

Timmy is learning to create and edit his own videos. He had a blast filming and editing throughout the day. Hopefully this will keep his interest (and he may learn a few things) until he can resume his rough and tumble lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment