About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, June 24, 2024

Heat Wave

 Oh my goodness, this past weekend has been so hot! I am not made for triple number temperatures. I have a feeling that this summer is shaping up to be a scorcher.  Because we are planning to move we opted to not put up the small pool this year. Hopefully by next year we'll be able to chill out in an in-ground pool at our new house. In the meantime, it will be Popcicles and hiding out in the air conditioning. 

We have not made nearly as much progress towards moving as I had hoped. Scott retired three weeks ago and his plans for projects have not yet materialized. I understand that he is still relaxing and unwinding, but time is starting to tick away. I think I'm going to allow him to live a vacation lifestyle until we return from his mother's house. After that point, we really need to kick everything into gear. 

Because of the heat I wasn't able to do a lot outside, but I did made a lot of progress in my living room. Items have been packed and organized or thrown away. I went through the boxes that Scott brought home when he retired and organized his notebooks into a moving box. It's nice to have less clutter and more boxes around.

I'm going to continue to chip away at packing, but I know that there is only so much we can do. I really need Scott to come out of vacation mode and start focusing on moving. In the meantime, hopefully we can stay cool until this heat wave finally breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment