About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, June 27, 2024

Insurance Shopping

Because of Scott's retirement we find ourselves looking for health insurance for the family. In full disclosure, this is my first time actually shopping for health insurance for myself. I have helped countless of patients over the years shop policies, especially on the exchange, but we have always been fortunate enough to have employer provided health insurance. Knowing that it couldn't be avoided any longer, yesterday morning I poured an extra large mug of coffee and started to shop. 

Wanting some information from following links online, I admit to filling out two different forms. On each I provided my Google phone number because it is easy to track and dismiss the spam. Within 2 minutes of submitting the first form, my home phone and my personal cell phone started to ring in tandem. Obviously, either my email or my home address are linked to phone numbers in telemarketer systems. It became so intrusive that we ended up taking the home phone off the hook for nearly the entire day!

After four hours and two pots of coffee, I think that health insurance has been procured. (We have applied and are awaiting acceptance.) Hopefully this policy will be a stop gap measure until we move in a few months. After we become settled, hopefully Scott will reenter the job market (in a part time capacity) working part time for insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment