About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, July 08, 2024

Heat Sick

 I apologize for missing a post.  On Thursday (the 4th of July) Scott and I set up to sell at the Fredericksburg Street Fair. To say that it was hot would be an understatement. Temperatures hovered around 100 degrees with high humidity. It was beyond miserable! We had toyed with the notion of bringing the kids but the forecast was the deciding factor.

After sitting in the swamp heat for 6 hours, Scott and I were both left feeling worn out and heat sick. Unfortunately for me, a lengthy recovery time was not an option. I woke up early on Friday, feeling absolutely worn out, and got to work. In the late afternoon I logged off and Scott and I headed out to set up for a First Friday event. 

We tried to console ourselves with promises of an easier sell event because it was in the 'evening.' With temperatures in the low 100s with high humidity, there was little relief. Thank goodness for Scott's portable misting fan. The experiences would have been unbearable had we not had his swamp air conditioner.

I spent Saturday drinking as much water as I could while resting on the couch. My legs felt like they were cinder blocks while my torso and arms felt like they were floating. Being heat sick is a very weird sensation! I hope to not repeat it again because it was miserable.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment