About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, July 09, 2024

Too hot

 Yesterday was hot and today is forecast to be even worse. With temperatures in the triple digits with high humidity, there is nothing we can do outside that will allow us to remain safe and comfortable. Too hot to go to the pool, we are going to be spending another day inside hibernating from the heat. After spending Thursday and Friday in the heat of the day I'm not about to risk being made sick again.

While I have never loved the heat, my dislike has intensified since my amputation. In the sun my socket turns into a little solar oven, essentially baking my limb. When I am outside in the direct rays I do my best to shade my socket whenever possible. When I cannot do that, or when it simply becomes too hot, I have no choice but to cool it down quickly with a splash of cold water. Have I mentioned how much I hate extreme temperatures?

Today will be another day of the kids complaining about being bored. Perhaps it is a good day to go to a movie...

No comments:

Post a Comment