About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, July 24, 2024

NYC

 In an effort to thwart getting sick(er), I spent much of yesterday trying to hydrate and rest. Over the past week this virus has traveled to every member of the family and it seems that I am its last victim. Thankfully I've got some good 'Mom Immunity' going. The virus that forced Scott into bed for three days is keeping me uncomfortable but fully functional. 

I'm feeling better today which is quite a relief because we have big plans afoot. This afternoon Scott, Timmy and I will head to PA while Robby and Friend stay in Virginia. We are going to drop Timmy off at my Mom's house before heading to the train station. Our final destination is New York City for the Billy Joel concert tomorrow.

My Mom bought us tickets to Billy Joel's final concert at Madison Square Garden for Christmas and, months of patiently waiting, the day has finally arrived. I am ridiculously excited! The concert is tomorrow but, after much discussion, we decided to extend our trip an extra day so that we can relax and thoroughly unwind. 

Unfortunately we made the decision to extend our trip after our original plans had been cemented. We couldn't get another night at the hotel I booked for the concert so we were forced to make a reservation at a different property. We will have to switch hotels tomorrow morning but, since Scott and I travel light, it won't be a problem. 

NYC, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment