About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, July 22, 2024

Rockets and Hibachi

So much for the best laid plans. I was looking forward to spending the weekend outside with Timmy and Friend because we have been forced inside for so much of the summer.  With a forecast calling for cooler temperatures, I had Timmy ready his rockets for launching. This weekend was going to be fun, busy and spent outside. 

Instead, I spent the weekend inside nursing Timmy back to health. He woke up vomiting and with a high fever. He was devastated that we were not going to launch rockets or go to hibachi, although he agreed that he would not enjoy either experience in his current condition. I tucked my little guy into bed, turned on Spongebob and tried to make him as comfortable as possible.

While Timmy was sleeping and recovering, I was able to concentrate on my work project. I accomplished so much over the weekend that I'm starting the new week feeling ready to go. (I'm grasping onto that silver living with all my might!) By last night Timmy was starting to feel better. He migrated from the bed to the living room when his fever broke and he even ate a little before going to sleep for the night. 

Hopefully he will wake feeling recovered and ready to go. Unfortunately we are supposed to have rain all day, so the rockets will have to wait another few days before they can fly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment