About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, July 19, 2024

Cooler

The heat this summer has been unreal. Even after I thoroughly spray down my limb with antiperspirant spray I often begin to sweat out of my liner within an hour.  Being surrounded by hot air is already miserable. Add a slippery foot to the equation and I tend to avoid the environment altogether. I really miss having a pool. Sigh.

While I am not made for summer, I am thoroughly loving these cooler temperatures. Friend, Timmy and I were able to escape outside for several hours, enjoying the cooler air. The next few days are supposed to be on the cooler side and I intend to enjoy the opportunity. I'm tired of hibernating from the heat!

Timmy has been spending the past few days 3d printing rockets to launch. I think today might be the perfect opportunity to go to the park and see if they can fly. I feel badly that we haven't done a lot of fun activities this summer. I know that it has been a relatively boring summer for Timmy but with everything going on it is difficult to carve out fun. Today will be that day!

Unfortunately I'll be enjoying playing outside without Scott, who is in bed with Covid. Although he feels crummy his case appears to be relatively mild and hopefully he will be fully recovered by the end of the weekend. In the meantime, I see a lot of television binging and afternoon naps in his future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment