About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, July 15, 2024

Nellie Jo

 Although my Mom swore that she was never going to adopt another dog after her beloved Yayo crossed over the Rainbow Bridge last month, she has been scrolling through rescue websites for several weeks. Late last week she became interested in a 3 year old goldendoodle named Nellie Jo and was delighted when the pup was going to be at a rescue event on Saturday. While Timmy thoroughly enjoyed swimming Friday afternoon, the highlight of his weekend was accompanying his Nana to the dog rescue on Saturday.

Nellie's tail immediately began to wag when my Mom bent down to pet her. The bond between the two was instant and palpable. Nellie Jo needed my Mom and, in many ways, my Mom needs Nellie. Holding the leash on Saturday was the first time I have seen my Mom authentically smile since learning about my brother's death in April. Having found each other, Nellie curled next to Timmy for the long ride back to her new home. 

We stayed for a few hours after bringing Nellie to her new home. Introducing Nellie to a new home, her new sibling (my sister's dog Marco) and a canine cousin (Friend) was a lot of fun. She was cautious but it did not take long for the puppies to start whirling and racing around my Mom's back yard. I have a feeling that she will be fully acclimated by the next time we visit.

While I was in Pennsylvania visiting my Mom, Scott and Robby were busy selling at a local mall. The pair were busy but thankful that the event was indoors and air conditioned. In this heat, nobody wants to be outside! The heat wave is supposed to resume today, which means my hibernation shall continue. I am really not made for summer!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment