About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, September 09, 2024

Laid Back but Fun

The weather this weekend was amazing. The temperatures were warm but not hot, the sun was a happy yellow against a bright blue sky and the bugs have already begun to dissipate. We took full advantage and spent the majority of the weekend outside playing and burning sticks in the fire pit. (Timmy was especially happy with the fire pit, which is among his favorite activities.)

We began our fun outdoor 'staycation' on Friday afternoon as soon as school was over. We packed up Friend, picked up food from McDonald's and drove to the local park for a picnic. I'm honestly not sure who was more excited with a picnic at the park, Timmy or Friend. While Timmy munched on fries and a cheeseburger, Friend was happily chasing every squirrel and random moving leaf in the park. 

Timmy and Friend spent Saturday was spent playing around the yard and burning sticks in the fire pit. Scott and I worked in the basement and garage, trying to sort the junk from the memories. We have made a lot of progress, but I have to admit that I was unprepared for the emotions involved. As I was packing up the games for donation, I found myself overwhelmed with memories and sentiments. Thankfully some s'mores on the fire pit were the perfect remedy for my tears.

Sunday I drove to visit Robby for lunch. It was wonderful to see him, to hear about his friends and his classes and to spend a few hours away from campus. He is doing well and I could not be more proud. That being said, I miss his daily presence around our house. I know I will get used to the new living situation, but that doesn't mean it is easy.









No comments:

Post a Comment