About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

More Prep

 The temperatures have begun to plummet, leaving frost on the grass and forcing the leaves to begin to cascade from their branches. I love autumn at our house. Although I am excited to move and to create a fresh start, I will miss our beautiful views when the leaves begin to change. Our yard and neighborhood are gorgeous when the leaves change into their autumn outfits. 

Today the dumpster will be removed, although Scott and I have agreed that we will need to order another before our move is complete. (In our defense, about half of this dumpster is filled with the carpet that we ripped up in the basement, not our clutter.) With the large broken furniture removed, I feel like we are making huge progress towards our move. 

With the dumpster full and the weather cooperating, Scott has turned his efforts to landscaping.  He spent the day looping small branches and cleaning out flower beds. Timmy has been more than happy to 'help' our efforts by burning the yard debris in fire fit. Our yard has not looked this nice since we moved in nearly 20 years ago.

After work today we will go and pick out new flooring for the basement. It feels like it is getting real!

No comments:

Post a Comment