About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, October 17, 2024

Ramen

 A few weeks ago during an extremely chaotic moment in the kitchen, Timmy asked me an odd question. "Momom, what is something that you never thought you'd experience in your lifetime?"  It was a fabulous question! If it hadn't been posed while my hand was up a chicken's bum and the cat wasn't trying to knock the potatoes off the counter, I would have provided a thoughtful answer. Instead, in an attempt to quiet the kitchen and make my food loving kiddo happy, I said microwavable ramen. 

Throughout the week he came to me to randomly discuss the attributes of microwavable ramen. 1. You don't have to dirty another dish. 2. You don't need to measure the water. 3. It is easier for kids to make by themselves. Yep, microwave ramen has it all. 

Discussing the wonders of microwave ramen did not tip me off to anything unusual. I did become concerned when I received an email, inviting parents to view the "Advances in Our Generation" classroom presentation. I felt a panic wash over me when I logged in to watch the show.

The first classmate presented on the artificial organs. Another talked about living on the International Space Station. A third talked about carrying a computer in your pocket. A fourth talked about the advances and potential of AI. Timmy finished out his group with a wonderful presentation on the world-shattering advance of microwavable ramen- complete with a self-made cellphone video of him demonstration its preparation.


No comments:

Post a Comment