About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, September 08, 2026

Back

Growing up I have always hated Labor Day. Not because I held resentments against the Labor Movement but because the holiday always heralded the beginning of a new school year. With classes starting three weeks ago, this year Labor Day was a welcome respite in the midst of a chaotic school start.  

Saturday I went to PA to hang out with my Mom for the day.  I helped her around the house before going shopping and out for lunch.  Although my visit was short, I enjoyed spending the afternoon with her. With Robby being home from college and Timmy enjoying his first weekend after starting school year, I didn't want to spend the night because I had a list of things to do at home. 

Sunday was spent chunking through my to-do list. Robby's laundry is clean, Timmy's classroom is set up for success and my paperwork for the week is done. It wasn't a lot of fun, but the hours were well spent. 

In retrospect, Monday would have been the perfect day for me to tackle my paperwork. I woke up and had a difficult time putting on my leg because of the pain in my back. I don't know how I tweaked it, but I know that I was wildly successful in completely messing up my lower back.  

I spent the day stretching, medicating, icing, heating, resting and complaining. This morning I am moderately more mobile, although I am reminded of the injury with each step. Wish me luck today, because my poor back is certainly going to need it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment