About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, October 09, 2026

Notes

 My hearing date has been set for October 28th.  Do I expect a positive outcome to my grievance?  I do not.  After all, we are living in West Virginia and residents of this state have not proven themselves to be trustworthy or especially honest. I fully expect the establishment to win, but that doesn't mean I am not worthy of a fight.

Luckily, I take meticulous notes and maintain copious amounts of documentation. As soon as I was approached about becoming a full-time employee, I have created a lot of every conversation involving promised salary etc. I know who said exactly what and when it was said. I don't think it will move the needle, but the blatant dishonesty should make the Board members uncomfortable.

Sigh.  I hate all of this. I find it demeaning and demoralizing. 

This weekend I'm going to do my best to disconnect from the work frustrations and just focus on having fun with my family. I'm thinking we need to decorate for Halloween!  Whatever I end up doing, I hope to come back on Monday in a better headspace than I feel this morning.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment