About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, September 08, 2021

Ouch

The first day back to normal after a long weekend is always stressful. At least, that was my mantra yesterday. I felt like I was chasing my tail from the moment I woke up until I finally fell into bed at night. Even though I tried to get everything ready for the week, I was discombobulated and unorganized all day.

To add insult to injury, my leg was sore much of the day. I didn't have an injury, at least not that I know of, but my limb just did not want to stay comfortable. I wasn't in pain, but I was reminded of my prosthesis with every step. Bad leg days almost always trickle over and impact the rest of my mood. Yesterday was no exception.

Robby and Timmy were content to work through their assignments and then to spend the rest of the day quietly playing. I woke up wanting to go outside because I knew the weather was going to gorgeous. When the opportunity actually presented itself, I was lacking both the time and the motivation to play.

Sigh. I hope that today is a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment