About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, September 09, 2021

Sick? Maybe

Although he wasn't running a fever, yesterday Timmy was not himself. He woke up at his normal time only to fall fast asleep five minutes later. He slept soundly until nearly 10, which is almost unprecedented for him. When I found him sleeping on my bed, I suspected that he wasn't going to be his normal self. 

My prediction was correct. He was quick to cry and fuss. It was almost as if he was overwhelmed by everything around him. He broke down doing his schoolwork and ended up sobbing on the couch for nearly 30 minutes. He worked himself into such a tizzy that neither Robby or I could calm him. 

Eventually he calmed himself down and complained of a headache. I am not sure if the headache was due to the crying or something underlying, but I called an early end to the school day. 

I spent the rest of the day trying to keep him quiet and content. He didn't breakdown again, but he was not his normal self. He didn't smile and seemed uncomfortable throughout the afternoon. I'm hoping that he wakes up feeling better today. I miss my little mischief maker!

No comments:

Post a Comment