About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, September 10, 2021

Return to Class

Robby has been looking forward to today for three months. After 12 weeks away from his friends and his favorite role-playing games, today he returns to his enrichment classes. He absolutely loves these classes and I delight seeing him so happy and excited. 

One of my favorite parts of the week is picking up Robby after class. He always emerges from the school with a smile as wide as the sky. He spends the drive home telling me all about the class, the battles that ensued during the game and the antics with his friends.

Unfortunately, Timmy is not nearly as excited about Robby returning to his enrichment classes. The school is nearly 40 minutes away, which turns into over 2.5 hours in the car. I wish I could find something fun to do with him local to the school, but everything is closed right now. Even if I could find activities I would be hesitant to take him. Covid is still flaring and it simply isn't safe for my little guy.

So, Timmy will be my co-pilot (from the back seat) as I chauffeur Robby tomorrow. I know that he will become bored, but hopefully a trip (or two) through a drive-thru for fries will help ease his woes. This will be our Friday routine for the next 9 months, so we have to figure out a way to make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment