About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Vegas Bound!

Our bags are packed and we're ready to go. Well, not yet but they'll be packed soon. After all, this afternoon we're heading to Las Vegas!

We've known about our Las Vegas wedding adventure for a few months, but true to tradition, time has gotten away from me. I think I was so consumed with Kindergarten preparations, and then the trauma err.. I mean drama of dropping him off. A poorly timed bout of kidney stones has also thrown a kink into my timeline.

I woke up yesterday morning in a near panic when I realized that we are leaving today. Today I won't have time to hide in the bushes to spy because I have to head straight home to finish packing. I need to pack for four days for Scott and Robby, but I need seven for me. It doesn't matter that Robby is staying half as long- he still manages to require twice as much stuff.

I'm trying to be gone for a week but my wardrobe will be rather minimalist for the time when I work. I really only need to pack outfits for the time when Scott and Robby are with me. After they leave, my time will be monopolized by working in the Ossur booth. I'll be going from my Ossur outfit to my pajamas as quickly as possible when the exhibition hall closes every night as I have every intention of vegging out in my hotel room and gorging on left over wedding cake every night after work!

In addition to everything else, I have to try to hide my wedding dress in our suitcase. Scott still doesn't know what it looks like, and I would like to keep it that way. We've been married for seven years, and it is fun to have a surprise every now and then!

Our wedding is scheduled for 2:00 on Monday. If anybody lives in the Las Vegas area, please feel free to stop by the Little Church of the West to watch as we redo our I-do's. The ceremony will also be posted online. If you can't make it to Vegas I'd like to invite you to grab your laptop- and maybe a cupcake- and join us via the internet. I'll post the link as soon as it is available.

No comments:

Post a Comment