About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bickering... AGAIN

We're entering the third week of summer vacation, and although I like having both Scott and Robby home, I have been tapping into the Tylenol bottle on a regular basis. I feel like I've assumed yet another job, this time Referee. Who would have thought that a 6 year old and a 46 year old would bicker so much!

I'm sure that part of the problem lies with the oppressive heat. Since our pool collapsed, we've been relegated to indoors to escape the 100 degree plus temperatures. Apparently there is such a thing as too much together time.

Robby and his Daddy are obviously going through a stage which, I might add, is most unpleasant. The two of them clash and are bringing out the worst in each other. Robby becomes irritable and frustrated with his Daddy. He wants to be completely independent and refuses to ask for help even when it is obviously needed. Scott is having a difficult time allowing Robby to try and fail and insists on providing "guidance."

Whether it be with a video game, working on the computer, or playing with his toys, Scott has been zealous in offering assistance. Robby becomes frustrated and angry that his Daddy won't allow him to do it by himself. Scott becomes irritated with Robby's frustration, and before I know it, I'm separating my two "boys."

While both "boys" have been occupying themselves with various electronic devices, I have been spending my days responding to their various squawks for help, drinks, snacks, information, or attention. Despite my running around responding to various requests, the option is still better than having the two of them in the same room for an extended amount of time.

I am hoping that this is simply a phase in their relationship and is not an indication of things to come. The hot weather is supposed to break soon, and I'm optimistic that time outside the house will help the situation. If it doesn't, I'm seriously considering running away from home!

No comments:

Post a Comment