About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Procrastination Blog

Last week I was given a new project--a work which has set my mind swimming. I typically relish new challenges, but this one has me apprehensive. Knowing that the outcome yields profound results combined and the reality that I have no experience with the necessary skill have created a perfect storm for high anxiety.

I have been asked to write a bid for a government contract. Although my comfort zone is typically behind a keyboard, this type of technical writing is unfamiliar and daunting. Hoping that I would be able to figure my way through the quagmire commonly referred to as the solicitation, I woke up early to tackle the project. I'm now sitting in my rocking chair in front of the fireplace with the 100+ page solicitation sitting in a binder on my lap. Instead of working my way through the proposal, I'm writing this blog.

I don't know if it is real confidence or if I am simply trying to convince myself, but I do believe that I must rise to the occasion and figure out this report . My mind has been chunking on this project since it was assigned early last week, and it was all I could think about during the long drives I took over the weekend. You would think with all the time I have invested planning and worrying that I would have something accomplished other than the Title Page.

Despite spending countless hours scouring the internet, I haven't found any functional templates or examples to follow. I only find ominous warnings to follow the proposal guidelines and to be exact in the information provided. I feel like I am looking for a GPS road map but I'm left with only the North Star.

When it comes down to it, I know I need to just get started. I wouldn't have been assigned this project if I weren't deemed capable, so I need to push my apprehensions aside and just start muddling my way through. I'm going to stop procrastinating and get to work. But first, maybe I'll get another cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment