About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Atlantis!

We arrived in Atlantis! Thankfully the travel was uneventful and everything ran on schedule (including us). We landed in the Bahamas in the late morning leaving us the remainder of the day to play in the sun and sand.

If I had any doubts about Robby's excitement they were laid to rest when I saw his reaction to seeing the resort. Sitting next to me in the van, he began to cry when he recognized the iconic towers on the horizon. He buried his head in my shoulder and wept as he repeated, "I can't believe we're in Atlantis, Momom. We're really here. I'm so happy." I don't think I'll ever forget his heartfelt and honest display of emotions.

We had a wonderful day playing in the pool, trying some of the water attractions and just getting the lay of the resort. This property is huge! We were all exhausted by the time we came back to our room, but I'm sure that we'll be refreshed and ready for more fun today.









No comments:

Post a Comment