About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Rain Delay

Yesterday was spent dodging the raindrops and trying to take advantage of the brief breaks between storms. This resort is wonderful when the weather is nice, but indoor activities are limited especially if you want to keep room charges to a minimum.  Thankfully Robby is content looking through the aquariums in the lobby, and he didn't seem the mind standing in the torrential downpours to look at the turtles in the lagoons in front of the hotel.

We took full advantage of the time between thunderstorms by hitting the Lazy River and the pools. A light rain was not enough of a deterrent to keep us from the water, but we headed for cover each time we felt the winds pick up and heard the thunder rumbling towards us. I wish we had been able to spend hours splashing, but mother nature did not cooperate.

Because we were stuck inside today, we spent a lot of time walking through the various hotel lobbies in the resort. I was struck by the fact I haven't seen anybody else with a disability. I'm accustomed to being the only amputee, but it is rare to encounter another person with some sort of handicap. I am used to seeing people on crutches, in wheelchairs or reliant upon a walker or cane. I haven't seen anybody reliant on anything other than their biological limbs. It is a strange feeling to be the only one with a disability, but I am not letting that stop me.  We have been having a great time!

The weather is supposed to be clear today which is good news because we are going on a snorkeling excursion. Robby is hoping to see some colorful fish. I'm hoping to survive the boat trip without becoming sea sick. Let's hope we both get our wishes!

1 comment:

  1. I am so envious of Robby right now. It has to be the time of his life right now!

    Now, the top question of the moment...wait for it....are you ready to share a picture of you in a bikini? Haha....just had to ask.

    Keep making memories for you and your family. Looks like a great time.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete