About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, June 13, 2014

P. A. I. N.

I can say with certainty that last night was the most painful of my life. The unrelenting throbbing, burning and cramping rendered me utterly helpless. At one point, during a particularly bad cramp which radiated from my stump to my hip, I ended up involuntarily screaming. Shortly after that I fainted.

I was surprised that this surgery has brought more pain than the amputation. Then I remembered that the surgeon removed one and a half inches of bone from the tip of my limb. Essentially, I underwent a re-amputation of my leg. Only this time I was not afforded the relief of hospital administered pain killers.

Right now I am miserable. I would probably break down crying if my leg pain would ease so that I can move. I have never experienced anything like this, and I hope I don't have to again.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are feeling better today! My 19y/o son had his amputation on 6/9 and the surgeon did not write post op orders for pain management, so he also had 3hrs that were quite dicey so I feel for you. Except he screamed out, and I'm the one who hyperventilated and fainted. Anyway, the stuff horror movies are made of and I just hope yours is getting better!

    ReplyDelete