About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, August 22, 2014

Full Circle

I am writing this from my hospital bed with optimism that I will be going home today. I had forgotten the revolving door mentality of the medical profession. I had somebody in the room, taking vital signs or my blood, every hour. The only thing that I am going to miss is the morphine pump!

The pain is significantly more intense than I anticipated. The "cramping" I was warned about feels like labor pains. Except this pain is consistent instead of cyclical. I am glad I didn't suspect this level of pain because I would have worked myself into a panic as I waited.

It has been more than a decade since my first cancer diagnosis, and I feel a huge sense of relief putting this stage of my life behind me. I fought hard to avoid the hysterectomy so that I could have my children. I have come full circle, surrendering my fertility so that I can be around to see them grow up.  The worrying is behind me. Now all that is left is to heal and move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment