About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Surgery Day

Well, today is the big day.  I would be lying if I didn't admit to being tired of visiting the operating room. Each time I am wheeled into the cold and sterile room I am optimistic that it will be my last. Hopefully this time my wish holds true!

I've prepared as much as possible, although I've learned that trying to plan for not picking up an infant is impossible. I don't know how I'm going to take care of Timmy, but I am confident that I will figure it out. If I have learned one thing since becoming an amputee it is the necessity of invention and adaptation.

Thankfully I won't have to worry about taking care of Timmy right away. My Mom is staying with us and is happily taking over Timmy duty. Knowing that she is here to help has taken a huge pressure off my shoulders.

My surgery is scheduled for 12:30, and is expected to last two hours. I will spend the night in the hospital, well technically only 23 hours because my insurance won't pay for a full day, and if all goes well I will be tucked into my own bed on Friday morning. In the meantime, please wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment