About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Another Milestone

After five extremely long and frustrating months, I finally feel comfortable stowing my knee scooter in the garage. I have been hesitant to put it away out of a fear that I will wake up one morning unable to walk. Since I've been consistently wearing my leg now for several months without issue, I think it is safe to say that I can again completely rely upon my prosthesis.  I couldn't be happier to put this dismal stage of my life to bed!

Robby has been lamenting my returning the knee scooter to the corner of the storage garage. While I hate having to utilize the contraption, he finds it quite fun. He has been tooling around the house for months, pretending to be anything from a military police officer to a food delivery man.  He has become so quick on the scooter that I worry he might tip and fall, necessitating the use of one for real.

Although he is going to complain, I need to put the scooter away not only because I no longer need it but also because we desperately need the space. Timmy's accouterments take up an inordinate amount of room. My living room has become a minefield of large plastic baby seats, each with different features and noise possibilities.  From the activity centers to the jumperoo, pack n' plays and bouncy seats, we have barely forged a path to walk from one area to the other. I couldn't be happier with this type of clutter.

Night becomes particularly precarious. Navigating among the activity toys in the dark requires the precision of the Navy Seals. One misstep and a toy is kicked, starting a variety of loud upbeat songs and extremely bright light shows.  Needless to say, there is no sneaking around our house after dark!  Timmy will continue to utilize his "stuff" for the next few months, but hopefully moving the knee scooter out of the way will help to clear up at least a little of the congestion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment