About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, December 22, 2014

Jolly Week

Merry Christmas week!

To say that our home is buzzing with anticipation and excitement would be an understatement. Robby is positively giddy with the prospect of Santa's big visit.  Timmy, although he has no idea what is about to happen, is following his big brother's lead and giggly and happy. 

This past weekend we continued with our holiday celebrations by Skyping with Santa Claus and driving through an incredibly detailed (and bright) light display. We assembled our Gingerbread House and train, and even found the time to bake a few dozen cookies.

I know that Robby's believing years are dwindling, so I am trying to absorb as much of his innocence as possible. I have a hunch that he was on the fence about Santa, but our visit to Christmastown sealed his belief for one more year. I am going to be sad when he realizes the myth, but at least I have another few years of creating magic with Timmy!  (And, as a bonus, he is young enough this year to not complain that I am dressing him in costumes.)




No comments:

Post a Comment