About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Sick Christmas

Well, it looks like little Timmy might be spending his first Christmas sick. He has developed a respiratory infection. His big gummy smile has been absent, replaced by labored breathing and episodes of croup at night. 

We have been pulling all of tips we've ever been offered when helping a child deal with respiratory issues. His room is thoroughly humidified. In fact, the air was so dense it assumed a jungle-like feel. Of course, the "sounds of the rainforest" playing on his noise machine did contribute to the ambiance! 

Worried about his breathing, I opted to sleep next to his crib. Well, didn't exactly sleep because his little baby snores and coughs kept me awake. Although rest was elusive, I did emerge from his room this morning with my pores thoroughly steamed open. (Hey, I'll take the positives where I can get them at this point.)

I already have a call in to his doctor. I am hoping that she can see him today, and that there is something that can be prescribed to help my little guy. All other holiday festivities are on hold. Right now, I just want him to be healthy and happy for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment