About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, February 20, 2015

Diaper Derby Training

Everybody is home again today. This time the closures are due to cold temperatures rather than snow, but either way the boys are delighted. Robby is a tinge disappointed that we have already deferred his going outside in the "Martian air" until it is a little warmer.  Hence the ensuing argument over whether or not it would still be "Martian air" when it warms up a little.  Instead of plunging directly into the arctic blast, I kept him inside by making cinnamon rolls and bacon for breakfast. As soon as the bacon aroma started to waft into the living room, my pouting little Koopa changed his tune. 

While I know that Robby will go outside, if for no other reason than to say that he did, I am going to keep everybody inside for the majority of the day. If schools are closed because of frigid temperatures, I can't think of a good reason to go outside.  Instead, I would like to stay inside, warm by the fire, and train Timmy for the Diaper Derby..

I don't really know why, but I have always wanted to have a child participate in a Diaper Derby. The prospect of having a bunch of babies lined up and crawling towards a finishing line has always seemed amusing. I signed Timmy up as soon as I saw the advertisement for the Diaper Derby this Saturday. (I learned through Robby how fleeting these stages can be and that I shouldn't delay.)

I have no aspirations of his winning, but I am looking forward to the experience and snapping a cute video (which will of course be posted in this blog). Timmy is fast though, especially when he is motivated. The Official Diaper Derby rules state that we can bring a motivating object/ toy to encourage the baby to craw to the finish line.  I'm thinking of bringing the electric blanket. Nothing makes him dart across a room quicker than when he sees access to the shiny white cord!

No comments:

Post a Comment