About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Snow Day

Snow Day!

The weather forecast was finally correct in predicting a significant snow fall.  After so many false alarms this winter, Robby is delighted with the prospect of a foot of snow to play in and to go sledding. The flakes started falling late afternoon yesterday, prompting the school systems to be proactive by cancelling school before we sat down for dinner.

Nights morph from mundane to fun when you know that school is cancelled the next day. Robby (and Scott) were both thrilled with a prematurely called snow day and began dancing when I revealed the news. The pair immediately began to plan the snow day activities which included pancakes and bacon for breakfast followed by sledding and a snowball battle. Nana surprised Robby with Nerf Snowball Blasters which he has been looking forward to using. It looks like today is the day!

I'm sure that Timmy will be pulled in his sled for short periods of time, but he will spend the bulk of the day inside with his Daddy. With his getting over being sick and still on antibiotics, it seems prudent to keep him out of the severe cold. If he is anything like his brother,  have no doubt that in a few years he'll be in the snow until I force him to come inside.

This morning I dug my hand warmers out of the closet.  I discovered years ago that one or two thrown into my socket will keep my leg warm and toasty while playing in the snow. I found my boot (another amputee perk is that I only need one) and I have located all of the gloves. As soon as breakfast is over we're going to enter into the winter wonderland for snowy fun.  Robby and I have been waiting for this snowfall for a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment