About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, February 02, 2015

Sleep and Redecorating

This weekend was exactly what I needed! I was able to spend time with my Mom, just hanging out and relaxing without the stress of thinking about everything I could be or should be doing around the house. I was able to unplug as much as possible for a few days, which is something that has become a rarity for me. Of course, the fact that I was afforded  two nights solid sleep was appreciated more than I can say.

We packed up early Sunday and headed home. Although I hated leaving my Mom's house, I knew that reality was calling and I needed to get home before the impending winter storm. By early afternoon we pulled into the garage where we were met by Scott who helped to schlep everything back into the house. (It will never cease to amaze me how much stuff we require for a simple two night visit. I shutter to think of having to pack for a week vacation!)

I could tell that Scott was happy to see us, but something made me think that he was more excited than normal. As soon as I walked up the stairs my suspicions were confirmed. He had been working on assembling a new TV stand while we were away. I've been talking about the need for a proper TV stand for the past few weeks and finally ordered one a few days ago. Apparently Groupon purchases ship quickly because it arrived on Friday after I left for my Mom's.

 Our TV had been precariously perched on top of an old sewing machine cabinet, which was functional as long as it wasn't nudged. With Timmy starting to scoot and in anticipation of his crawling and pulling up soon, I feared that our set-up was a recipe for disaster. Our new stand is both longer and wider, fully accommodating the television and all of our components (including game consoles).

Looking at it fully assembled and functional, I could not be happier.  Not only is Hamlet safer but also our living room no longer looks like a dorm room. We finally have a room with proper, grown-up furniture! Scott may regret his efforts in putting it together for me because I have become inspired to redecorate other rooms in the house. I'm thinking that our bedroom could use a facelift.

No comments:

Post a Comment