About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, February 03, 2015

We're Back

Within the limb loss community, I venture to say that there is nobody whom I hold in higher regard than my friend Dave. An above knee amputee himself, he has put his law degree to work by becoming an insurance and reimbursement expert. We met through my work with Ossur, but we have become friends through our common goals and aspirations for the amputee community.

Several years ago Dave and I, in the midst of a discussion on how to change the world, conceived Amp'd. Amp'd is our podcast, designed for the limb loss community, where we talk about and debate relevant issues, obstacles and experiences. Despite our schedules, we had been doing a fairly decent job of producing a new podcast monthly until April.

We were supposed to record a podcast on April 24th. I ended up sending Dave a quick text, telling him that I would have to reschedule and attaching a photo of my newly born baby. We spoke numerous times on the telephone and exchanged countless emails, but never quite got around to recording another podcast until October. 

Despite the delay, we were rather boastful about our return to Amp'd. I was charged with uploading the episode, which I managed to do a few weeks later. I then promptly forgot about it and failed to send out the link.  (D'oh!)

In any case, we are vowing to resurrect Amp'd! Enjoy this slightly dated, incredibly apologetic lost episode as Dave and I sort through our schedules to get back on track.


powered by podcast garden

No comments:

Post a Comment