About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, May 11, 2015

Easy Does It

This year my Mother's Day wish was granted.  Nobody had a fever for the entire day! What an ordeal this past week has been. It is certainly not an experience I am ever anxious to revisit.  Thankfully, it appears that the Great Chenoweth Plague is behind us. While it is going to take some time for me to regain my strength, I expect a full and complete recovery is on the horizon. 

It has been a long time since I've been sidelined by illness. I am so grateful that my Mom was both willing and able to drop everything to come down and help us out. I honestly don't know what we would have done had we not had her taking care of us. Unfortunately, my fears were realized, and she is now coughing and battling the return of her cold. 

Looking at my schedule this week, I am already feeling overwhelmed.  Between missed meetings and delayed projects because of last week, coupled with everything I already had scheduled to tackle, my hours are packed. I am going to be busy, but I also realize that I need to pace myself. While I am feeling better, it would be easy for me to backslide if I don't take care of myself. Maybe I need to actually schedule "take a nap" or "veg out in front of the TV" on my calendar to make sure that I follow through? 

Although I'm feeling overwhelmed with work, I am not going to work myself back into the sick bed. I'm going to try to tackle things on a priority basis. Triaging the most important meetings and projects first will hopefully help to ease the stress of trying to get everything done. 

At least, that is my plan.  Hopefully I'll be able to follow through with my "easy does it no stress" return from the sick bed.  Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment