About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Summer Dreaming


Perhaps I was jumping the gun a tad when I wrote that everybody was healthy. Monday morning both Robby and Timmy woke up looking and feeling piqued.  At one point I actually struggled with the decision of whether or not to send Robby to school.  Lacking a fever, I decided to take a leap of faith and send him. I asked his teacher to call me if he complained, looked worse, or simply wanted to come home. Being a teacher, I know that nobody wants a sick kid in their class!

While I had no ailments in particular to complain about, I found myself struggling through the day to stay on task. I didn't feel bad, but I certainly did not feel well. Much of my day was spent trying to gather my thoughts and feign concentration.  I guess it is going to take more than a day or two to get over the Great Chenoweth Plague of 2015.

Yesterday my mind seemed to be mulling over just about every topic except the report that I was trying (in vain) to write. Most particular, I kept thinking about summer vacation. It is hard to believe that the boys only have 27 more school days left this year. (Even as I opened the calendar app and began to count the days left, I realized that I was wasting time and procrastinating work.)

Between the re-amputation and the hysterectomy, last summer was absolutely dreadful. I'm optimistic that this year will be better. I'm looking forward to spending countless hours by the pool, splishing and splashing with my boys. Nights by the fire pit, camping out in the yard and playing in the woods are all high on my vacation "to do" list. After the year we've had, I think we all deserve a return to the "Summer of Awesome." 

We just need to get through the final five weeks of school.  We can do this! Of course, school is still in session so I'd better start at least trying to focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment