About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, October 23, 2015

Splitting and Stacking

Happy Friday!

The weather is supposed to be beautiful, and I'm gearing up for a relaxing albeit busy weekend.  It will be spent working on the wood strewn through our front yard. In just a few short hours after work, Scott has made an impressive dent on the project. I am hopeful that we might actually have everything cleared and chopped by the time we need to return the splitter. Of course, my husband's weekends are typically reserved for football watching, so I'm not entirely convinced that Scott will attack the splitting with the same gusto.

I haven't been able to help with the heavy work, not because I'm not physically able but because I am running around the yard after Timmy. He loves to be in the middle of the action, but splitting logs is not exactly safe for a toddler. He is easily distracted but requires constant attention so that he doesn't wander or eat an acorn.  (I am beginning to think that he is part squirrel when I think of his affinity for popping acorns and hickory nuts in his cheeks.) While Robby, Scott, and Mr. Bill are busy chopping and splitting, I am on the move after the youngest helper. 

Hopefully by the time we go to Trunk-or-Treat on Sunday evening the yard will be cleared of all the wood, and our firewood pile will be stacked and ready for winter. I'm looking forward to being able to walk through our front yard without having to navigate the minefield of limbs, tree sections and divots. It will be nice to look out the front window without feeling overwhelmed by the woody mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment