About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, January 04, 2016

Back to Normal

To the chagrin of my two older boys, Christmas vacation has come to an end. Scott is headed back to work this morning, and in a few hours I will be consoling a sad little Koopa as he gets ready to go back to school. Our break was especially long this year (16 days) but the time seemed to fly by quickly. I know that they aren't ready for vacation to end, but I have to admit that I'm looking forward to resuming a normal schedule.

Robby had a wonderful end to his holiday vacation because he made a new friend. After years of wishing and hoping, we finally have another kid on the street who is the same age as Robby. The pair immediately started playing and have been inseparable since they met. Other than coming home for food, drinks and to retrieve some toys, I haven't seen Robby much over the past few days. I can hear him playing in the woods though, so I can only assume that he and his new friend are having fun.  I can only imagine the adventures that the pair are going to experience in the coming years!

Timmy is going to have a difficult time adjusting to a quiet house. He has thoroughly enjoyed having his Daddy and big brother home, and I know that he is going to be sad when he is stuck with only me as a playmate. Hopefully he won't be too disappointed, and we can have some fun today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment