About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Bad Weather Blues

The dreary weather of the past few days has been wearing me down. While we haven't experienced steady rain, the pop-up thunderstorms have been working to keep everything ugly and wet.  I keep trying to remind myself that "April showers bring May flowers," but in all honesty the rhyme is offering little solace. I miss the sun and I'm tired of the mud and muck from the rain.

Timmy has been wreaking havoc around the house. He is certainly an outside kid, requiring room to run and move. Trying to keep him contained and occupied has been utterly exhausting. It turns out that it is less work running after him outside than trying to entertain him inside the house. After a few days of Timmy confinement, my house has become a chaotic minefield of toys and crumbs. 

Looking for the positive, I haven't experienced the phantom pain that many times accompanies these weather patterns. For whatever reason, my leg has been feeling fine. Dealing with the mud, downed tree limbs and an energetic but bored Timmy, I will count my leg comfort as a blessing.

Hopefully the weather will break soon and we can blow all of the dirt and gunk away. In the meantime, I think today is the perfect day for a jumping adventure. Hopefully he will be able to jump some of his energy away.

No comments:

Post a Comment