About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Leg Hunt


The temperatures have risen, the sun is shining brightly and the pool is open.  Happy unofficial start to summer! With only 14 more school days left, it is impossible not to feel excited about summer vacation.

Robby was busy playing with his friends all weekend so we didn't have a chance to go to the pool during opening weekend. I love that he is having so much fun with Jack, but part of me worries because I know he is going to be devastated when he moves to Florida. I wish I could form a bubble around my little guy and protect him from the impending heartache, but I also know that this is part of growing up.  Since shielding him is impossible, I am doubling down on my resolve to expand his friendship net over the summer. Hopefully having a larger community of friends will help to lessen the loss when Jack moves.

I think I am going to take Robby and Timmy to the pool this afternoon for an inaugural swim. Robby will be able to play with some other kids, and Timmy can expend some of his afternoon energy playing in the water. Of course, he hasn't been in a pool since last summer so it will be interesting to see his reaction. Considering that he now hates the bathtub, I'm not convinced that he is going to immediately start splishing and splashing.

Timmy isn't the only one who hasn't been in a pool since August. I am not sure where I put my swim leg at the end of the season last year, but I'm sure that it is some place "safe." I guess today I'll be going on a leg hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment