About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, June 03, 2016

Busy Fun

I cooked and prepped all day yesterday for today's student luncheon. As predicted, Timmy was less than helpful. He did eagerly agree to help me clean the cookie dough off the mixer paddle, but that was probably the only contribution he made to the effort. He spent the majority of his day testing my ability to multi-task.  Sigh. I really miss having a little kitchen helper.

After today's student luncheon, I'm taking the boys and heading up to my Mom's. (Scott is going to stay home and will hopefully use his kid free time productively by working his way through our to-do list.) Saturday morning Robby and I are waking up early to embark on an awesome adventure.

This weekend Robby and I are going to the World War II weekend in Reading, PA. He could not be more excited for the event. My little history buff has been reading and planning for this trip since the plans were announced last summer. The dates have been circled on our calendar for months, and we have been in countdown mode for the past few weeks. Needless to say, he is a tinge excited. 

While I have to admit that I'm not terribly interested in the theme, I'm looking forward to spending the dedicated time with Robby. It has been a long time since the two of us have done something alone, and I think that this trip is long overdue.  I have missed our little adventures, which used to be fairly frequent before Timmy was born.

We are planning to be stay Saturday night in a hotel so that we don't miss a moment of the event. On Sunday we'll return to my Mom's, where Robby will have an opportunity to play with his cousins. I'm looking busy to the busy, but extremely happy, few days ahead of us.






No comments:

Post a Comment