About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Last Week of Summer Washout

I wish I were writing a fun-filled post today, detailing a wonderful adventure during the last week of summer vacation. I had grand plans of taking Robby and his friend on a pirate boat, of going fishing and of jumping one final time at the trampoline park. This week was going to be full of activity and memories as we said goodbye to summer vacation.

Unfortunately I am still feeling ill from bronchitis. If wishes and desire were enough to heal I would be well by now. My body doesn't seem to be cooperating because it is taking me entirely too long to recover.  I am blaming my age. I just don't bounce back as quickly, especially when my lungs are involved.

Instead of enjoying the weather and the last week of vacation, I have been sequestered inside where I am both coughing and miserable. Timmy has been a champion, content to watch the non-stop Zack and Quack cartoon marathon I am streaming for his entertainment. I don't like encouraging him to watch television, but right now I have little choice. With Scott already back at work, I need to keep Timmy occupied and happy with minimal effort so that my body can rest and heal.  I will deal with the Mommy guilt later.

Have I mentioned that I hate being sick?

No comments:

Post a Comment