About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Naughty Energy

I hate being sick!  I continue to have a dragon bark when I cough, leaving me with a sore throat by the time it finally subsides. Happily the episodes are becoming further apart, allowing more time for my body to heal and to regain strength. My fever is mild, not enough to keep me in bed yet persistent enough to make me feel punky all day. Slowly but surely I am getting better. Of course, it isn't nearly quick enough for me.

Yesterday was rough because Scott was at work, leaving me solely responsible for the boys. Robby was content to play with his friend up the street for the majority of the day, but Timmy wasn't nearly as easy. He was a bundle of energy which, when not directed appropriately, quickly turns into mischief. After picking up the contents of my utensil drawer for the third time I decided it was time to change gears with my little troublemaker.  We picked up Robby and headed to his toddler playground. 

Timmy was positively giddy showing Robby around his playground. He ran from area to area, eager to demonstrate each skill to his brother. He was nonstop giggles and was smiling from ear to ear.  Robby, although he wasn't overly enthusiastic about being commandeered to a toddler playground, was an excellent big brother and humored Timmy by playing and feigning excitement.  With Timmy's energy properly harnessed, I was able to sit back and watch them play.

By the time we left the playground Timmy was tired and Robby was ready to resume playing with his friend up the street. Timmy and I spent the rest of the afternoon quietly watching cartoons while Robby was playing outside. I was grateful that Timmy didn't want to join them, because I knew that the exertion would probably set back my recovery. With another day of rest behind me, I'm hoping to be even better today.  Have I mentioned that I really hate being sick!



No comments:

Post a Comment