About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Not My Best Day

Yesterday was not my best day. I struggled to find my groove with just about everything. From burning Robby's waffles in the morning to spilling Timmy's dinner all over the kitchen floor, I was just having one of those days where everything went wrong.

In the middle of a report I came to the realization that my laptop is on electronic hospice.  I know it is a matter of time before we need to part ways and I buy a new one, but I despise the entire process. Having to reload my programs and reconfigure everything so that the transition is smooth is both laborious and expensive. I try to put it off until I have no choice. In the meantime, I am constantly restarting, exiting programs and waiting for the circle of death to subside so that I can finish writing my sentence. My computer ailments only served to intensify my frustrations.

I was happy that Scott took Robby to Karate last night, allowing me an hour of complete quiet after Timmy went to bed. Unfortunately about 10 minutes after they left I developed a migraine.  I only experience migraine headaches on rare occasions, typically no more than one every two or three years. Many of my friends suffer with frequent migraines and, after my experience last night, I consider myself lucky that I only endure the agony every few years.

I went straight to bed and waited in the dark for the pain to go away.  Eventually I fell asleep, and I'm feeling better this morning. I'm hoping that today is a better day, because I certainly don't want a repeat of yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment