About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Unexpected Surprise



Unexpected surprises are definitely the best!  Yesterday Scott was late coming home from work, leaving me to fear his mood upon arrival. Between meetings and paperwork, he has put in a lot of extra time this school year. He doesn't mind putting in the time if it will directly benefit the kids, but meetings for the sake of holding a meeting tend to wear on his nerves. 

It turns out that his delay was not because of a meeting but because of a shopping detour. Unbeknownst to me, he was working on a surprise. I was absolutely flabbergasted when he presented me with the box containing a shiny, powerful new smartphone. Sometimes he frustrates me to exhaustion, but he is also capable of completely surprising me.  Yesterday was definitely one of those occasions.

While he took Robby to Tae Known Do, I tucked Timmy into bed and settled down to set up my new phone. It took me a few hours to migrate everything off of the cloud, but my device is now ready to go. I am looking forward to breaking it in (figuratively definitely not literally) and start putting it through its paces.

No comments:

Post a Comment