About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Pumpkinville!

Yesterday was a great day!  Robby had no school, and the sun was shining brightly against a beautiful blue sky. The air was crisp and perfect for outdoor autumnal activities. With Timmy feeling better and my bites healed enough to be comfortably covered by sleeves, we decided it was the ideal day to visit Pumpkinville. 

Because Robby and Timmy have a significant age gap, I knew that it would behoove everybody to allow Robby to invite a friend. He enjoys the faster slides and more strenuous activities whereas Timmy is content to toddle around and explore the little houses and hay bales.  Trying to mesh their activity preferences would have spelled disaster.  As much as I hate to admit it, Robby is also at an age where he doesn't necessarily want to spend the entire afternoon with his Mom.  While I still view him as my little boy, I can't deny that he is a tween who relishes independent opportunities.

We picked up Robby's friend Janna and we headed to our outdoor adventure. As soon as we arrived and paid the admission, Robby and Janna headed off to explore. Robby never realized that I was able to keep tabs on his location because of the bright orange coat I handed him to wear. They found me one time during the afternoon when they needed money for snacks. Other than being a walking ATM, the pair had nothing to do with me during our four hours at the farm.

Thankfully Timmy was more than happy to spend the afternoon playing with his Mom. He had a wonderful time swinging, climbing, playing and exploring the pint-sized activities. He smiled from the moment we arrived until I carried him to the car at the end of the afternoon. Clutching his tiny prized pumpkin, he quickly fell asleep during the drive home. 

It doesn't happen often, but I have to admit that last night I went to sleep with the satisfaction that I had provided both of my kids with a wonderful day. I'm normally hard on myself, but even I have to admit that I felt like I was a good Mom. Although their experiences were different, both boys had a wonderful time playing outside all day. They went to sleep happy and exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment