About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, October 14, 2016

Sick Again

Sigh.  I'm afraid that we have a sick little Timmy. Just when I thought we had kicked pneumonia to the curb, last night he started coughing and developed a fever. I hate that he isn't feeling well again, but I am definitely going to be proactive this round. 

Timmy finished his antibiotics last Friday. He was doing well and had returned to his lively, mischievous self. After he had been so sick, hearing him giggle and watching him explore and play was especially heartwarming this week. We had a great week playing outside, and I was confident that the pneumonia was a thing of the past.

I guess the antibiotics didn't fully kill the pneumonia invaders. While I thought he was fully recovered, it turns out that the enemy infection was lying in wait and regrouping their battle plan. My little Hamlet melted before my eyes, morphing from a happy little toddler into a sick and sweaty mess.

Today we're going to the doctor, where I expect he will be prescribed a different antibiotic. With all of the concerns about antibiotic overuse, I hate having him relying upon them. However, his exposure to antibiotics has been limited to a small handful of occasions and this is infection definitely warrants the prescription. Hopefully he will rebound quickly, and that he will be feeling better by the end of the weekend. In the meantime, I guess I'll be on the couch watching a lot of Zack and Quack and Paw Patrol during the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment